FairVote Minnesota Seeks Voter Education Canvassers
FairVote Minnesota Foundation is seeking to hire canvassers from diverse communities to conduct direct outreach and education to voters in St. Paul in preparation for the Ranked Choice Voting elections this November. Work will begin immediately and last through Election Day.
Job description: Canvassers will work to educate and prepare St. Paul voters for the use of Ranked Choice voting in the City Council elections this fall. This will primarily take place through door-knocking in targeted areas of St. Paul but may also include phoning and outreach at community events. As these efforts will be most effective at the times more voters are in their homes, canvassers will be expected to conduct much of their work during evenings and weekends.
Compensation: Canvassers will be contracted to work at $14 per hour and approximately 35 hours per week.
- Knowledge of St. Paul and understanding of its ethnically diverse communities.
- Ability to use technology tools to accurately record the results of conversations with voters.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Interest in voting and elections.
- A passion for community engagement.
- Previous experience with voter contact is preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Support for Ranked Choice Voting.
- Ability to work an irregular schedule including nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation.
Fairvote Minnesota Foundation is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from women and ethnically diverse communities.
To apply please email your resume and two references to Erik Anderson at Erik.Anderson@fairvotemn.org. Please direct any questions about the position by email.
Interviews will begin on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.