FairVote Minnesota Foundation is seeking to hire canvassers from diverse communities to conduct direct outreach and education to voters in the final days before voters cast their ballots November 3rd.
Job description: Canvassers will work to educate and prepare St. Paul voters for the use of Ranked Choice voting in the City Council elections. This will take place through door-knocking in targeted areas of St. Paul.
Compensation: Canvassers will be contracted to work at $14 per hour.
GOTV Canvass Schedule
Friday Oct 30, afternoon training 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday Oct 31, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday Nov 1, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday Nov 2, 1:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Election Day Nov 3, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Applicants who are not available for every shift will still be considered. Please note your availability when applying.
- Knowledge of St. Paul and understanding of its ethnically diverse communities.
- Ability to use technology tools to accurately record the results of conversations with voters.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Interest in voting and elections.
- Previous experience with voter contact is preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Support for Ranked Choice Voting.
- Ability to work an irregular schedule including nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation or a commitment to punctual use of public transit.
FairVote Minnesota Foundation is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from women and ethnically diverse communities.
To apply please email your resume and two references to Erik Anderson at Erik.Anderson@fairvotemn.org. Please direct any questions about the position by email.
Interviews will begin on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.